Welcome New Students
Congratulations on taking the first step to building your yoga or hot Pilates practice! Whether you are brand new to yoga or hot Pilates or have years of experience, we guarantee a consistent classic hot yoga and hot Pilates practice will bring amazing changes to you and your life!
Classic Hot Yoga & INFERNO HOT PILATES is for Everyone!
Bend 90 and Bend 60 hot yoga are beginning classes that are accessible to anyone, but at the same time challenging for everyone! Inferno Hot Pilates classes are a wonderful complement to your classic hot yoga practice and are accessible to all fitness levels. All students NEW to Bend Beyond are eligible for our special introductory offer—30 days of unlimited yoga for only $30! It is normal to feel a little nervous or scared. Don’t let this stop you! The yoga and hot Pilates practices are designed for beginners, no experience necessary! Our welcoming, friendly community cannot wait to meet you!
Tips to Start Your Yoga Practice
- Arrive 15-20 minutes early for your first class.
- Sign-up and purchase your 30 for $30 package online and receive a FREE mat rental on your first visit.
- Bend 90 and Beyond 90 classes are 90 minutes. All other classes are 60 minutes. No late arrivals or early departures.
- Bring a mat, 2 LARGE (bath- or beach-sized) towels, and a water bottle. We rent mats and towels for $2 each. We have filtered water to fill your water bottle.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day and avoid eating anything heavy for 2-3 hours prior to class.
- Dress in cool, comfortable clothes-shorts for men and shorts and a tank top/sports bra for women.
- Inform the instructor of chronic or limiting conditions.
- You don’t have to “get in shape” before coming to class! Come take your first class, and then take class as often as you possibly can. Each and every class meet yourself where you are at on that day, give every posture your best effort, and you will be amazed at how quickly you become stronger and more flexible. Yoga is cumulative, the more you practice, the more wonderful you are going to feel!
- This yoga practice is challenging for everyone. Take care of yourself and listen to the signals your body sends you. If you feel light-headed or dizzy, sit down in a kneeling position. Keeping your head above your heart will make you feel better. Focus on taking long slow inhales and exhales through the nose, this will help calm the body and mind.
- Do not compare yourself to those around you. No one is judging you. Other students are working too hard to notice you, and the teacher is just there to guide and instruct you with compassion and respect. No matter how inflexible, injured, or out of shape you may think you are, with a regular practice, you will improve your body tremendously. Be patient with yourself. We call it yoga “practice” not yoga “perfect.”
- After taking your first class we recommend that you come back within 48 hours. Doing so will help mitigate any soreness you may feel. Also, set your intention to take your first 10 classes as quickly as possible—you will then see for yourself the power of this yoga practice.